Monday, April 9, 2007

Well Respected Man

Food is a good example of equilibrium. I'm not speaking of food in the conceptual sense, that it is necessary for survival. Instead, I'm considering food's more personal effect on us. Today I went to a farmer's market where a local bakery has a shop. It's one of those extremely gourmet bakeries where you can get breads you'd never think of, but the regular old whites and wheats are also amazingly delicious. These are breads that you can put your nose on and inhale an aroma that transports you to a communal timeless orgy of hungry happy enthusiasts, each with eyes closed, a creeping smile accompanying the rising lungs. These are breads with 6 or 10 ingredients. They are meant to be eaten within 24 hours. Day-old is a sad sorrowful tale for an unloved loaf. At this market I bought a loaf of something called Pain de Mie, and a small round. The total was only $4.50! A good loaf of bread costs about the same at the local supermarket, but I get this amazing, fresh delicacy. I can't wait until my wife gets home, so we can eat her birthday bread. I'm making her special artichoke dip to go along with it. The artichoke dip is high fat and delicious, but it also has a ton of artichokes. We stick our bread in it, but we also stick fresh carrots and lightly steamed zucchini in it. So, we get lots of flavor, and lots of vegetables. Delicious, and overall healthy, this meal resonates with equilibrium.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't want to eat any bread you put your nose on.

Unknown said...

i don't either...

micahcf said...

I didn't say that I DID, I said you COULD! I politely only put my nose where it is wanted.