Friday, June 8, 2007

The end of the year, the beginning of the project

Yow! I'm going to write a novel this summer. School is over in two days, but I basically have about 3 hours left of work to do. Maybe 4 or 5. That's plenty of time. All I have to do is grade two small classes worth of finals, clean up, and do the end of the year procedures. I always kind of like the end of the year stuff; it's like a scavenger hunt of people's signatures. I think it's because it comes in this nice list format, and I always like crossing things off lists.

I'm also going to be planning our wedding, and getting in shape. Those are my only activities. Everything else is secondary. I'm considering this a job this summer. Maybe not during our honeymoon, and maybe not on days when Jessica is off, but I'm going to be at my computer typing an awful lot. I also think that I might start drinking tea. Maybe not though, as it stains one's teeth, doesn't it. I'll have to think about the tea.

I should keep in mind that if I really just sit at my computer all the time, then I'm going to forget how to be social. Also I'm not going to give Jessica any space. So, I guess I need to figure out other activities as well, probably based on exercise. I like hiking. Maybe I'll go on lots of hikes and give Jessica days off. Those are like vacation days at the house.

What's my book about? Well, you'll have to wait and see!

No comments: